The Breakfast Club aims:
- to provide the highest possible standard of care in a secure, caring and supportive environment, where children feel comfortable and happy before starting the school day.
- to enable children to eat breakfast before school in a pleasant, relaxed environment.
- to help children be more aware of healthier foods to have for breakfast.
- to create opportunities to support learning.
- to employ caring, qualified supervisory staff.
The Breakfast Club will provide:
- a healthy breakfast including cereal, toast, fruit and a drink.
- a choice of activity after breakfast such as drawing, board games, crafts and reading help!
- a calm atmosphere, where children can relax ready for the day ahead.
- respect for any dietary, religious or medical requirements.
The Club is subject to the School's policies and procedures. Copies of all our policies are available from the school office on request.
A Risk Assessment has been carried out by the Governors in line with the school's policy.
Children attending the Breakfast Club are expected to behave according to the expectations set out in the School Behaviour Policy. Incidents of inappropriate behaviour at the Breakfast Club will be reported to the Headteacher.
There is one Breakfast Club leader, Ali Goodwin, and one additional member of staff either Ali Gisby or Mandy Griffiths. They all hold an enhanced DBS and a certificate in Food Hygiene. Cover staff will have an enhanced DBS. The leader is a qualified First Aider and all other staff are basic First Aid trained.
Children should arrive at 8:00am. No responsibility will be taken for children arriving before this time. Entrance to the Breakfast Club is via the main school entrance. Children will be directed to the school hall where the club is held. A light healthy breakfast will be served. A variety of activities will be on offer in the dining area and hall. Children will remain in the care of the Breakfast Club staff until 8:40 when they will be escorted onto the school playground, by a member of the BBC team.
Children will be served a choice of foods, including cereals, toast, fruit, milk and fruit juice.
Parents/Carers wishing to book their child into the Breakfast Club should enquire at the School Office. Places are strictly limited and if the club is over subscribed a waiting list will be held.
There is a charge of £2.00 per session which includes breakfast (a booking cannot be accepted unless accompanied by the full fee payable termly in advance). Sessions must be paid for even if the child does not attend. Only in exceptional circumstances will children be admitted without booking.
All fees are to be paid termly in advance by cash or cheque made payable to “Barnwood Primary School”, with Barnwood Breakfast Club (BBC) written on the back. Payment can also be made via ParentPay.
Barnwood Church of England Primary School.
Tel: 01452 617135